Wasatch Photonics is a rapidly expanding, high-tech manufacturing company offering market-leading optical components and spectroscopy system designs. Key product lines proudly built in Durham, NC include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging systems. These systems find application across many critical markets such as medical devices, chemical and pharmaceutical process control, environmental monitoring, homeland security, and research and development.
We are a technology leader in a growing global market – an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to make an impact. Wasatch provides a collaborative and cordial team environment, and seeks to invest in the development of all team members as we grow together.
Location: Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
SCM Position Summary
Wasatch Photonics is looking for the right candidate to manage the supply chain for our business. The successful candidate will develop and execute supply chain strategy, including maintenance of inventory and purchasing processes, supplier relationships and negotiations, and sourcing for new products, in addition to playing a key role in helping drive quality and reliability throughout our supply chain. Office location is in Durham, NC and primary focus is on local operations, with periodic improvement projects involving Logan, Utah facilities. Occasional domestic and international travel is required.
- Responsible for direct management of delivery times, customer service levels, bill of materials costs, inventory controls, and driving quality through our supply chain partners.
- Maintain master schedule including the coordination of material flow to the production area and capacity planning / prioritization activities.
- Complete and regularly update strategic reports for the upper management including material availability and supplier outlooks, SWOT analysis, phase in/phase out planning, and risks to the supply chain as the business scales.
- Initiate and execute material cost reductions, supplier quality improvements, and stock inventory rationalization initiatives across multiple Wasatch production sites. Training and potentially managing purchasing agents may be required.
- Develop and maintain a supplier scorecard system including action planning to ensure suppliers deliver on time and with quality expectations that meet customer requirements. Conduct supplier audits as required.
- Coordinate and drive customer and supplier non-conformance processes including oversight, investigation, and compliance reporting, acting as a key liaison for customers, sales, purchasing, and engineering.
- Take a leading role in current ISO certification initiative.
- Understand and enforce stated business objectives and raise awareness to situations where a resolution requires cross-functional coordination. Represent supply chain interests in all cross-functional business activities.
- Assists with the management of current vendor relationships.
- 3+ years customer service/supply chain experience and knowledge of supply chain best practices
- Proven experience in defining and implementing supply chain management processes and tools
- Accurate mathematical and accounting skills / general business financial aptitude
- Ability to manage and deliver on customer expectations through direct communication and follow-through
- Ability to manage indirect reports and work cross-functionally in a dynamic work environment
- Process oriented with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excels in and promotes a culture of openness, communication, and collaboration
- APICS certification a plus
- ISO certification experience a plus
Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Supply chain management, or Logistics preferred)