Wasatch Photonics is a fast growing company with several market-leading products with optics at their core. The company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to develop exceptional products for a variety of applications in a fast-paced startup driven environment.
The Company provides a collaborative and cordial environment and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics Systems Division include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging.
Location: Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
The key responsibilities of this position will be to design and implement software systems and sub-systems for an ever increasing and diverse marketplace in the areas including, but not limited to, Raman Spectroscopy, Testing, and Chemometrics. These systems may be one-off proof of concept or alpha units leading to productions orders for OEM customers. Some of the products developed and designed will be used in lab environments while others will need to meet the rigors of industrial and pharmaceutical regulation such as Title 21 CFR part 11. The successful candidate will need to be able to analyze business requirements, design, implement and test full systems, sub-systems and third party software components.
The candidate will be equally comfortable working as a member of a close team or working projects from inception to build and delivery with little or no outside direction.
The candidate shall possess the ability to create conceptual and detailed software designs from high level requirements. The candidate shall have the ability to perform test-driven design, quality standards verification and peer code review. The candidate may be required to read, write and test code from the micro-controller through the operating system kernel and into the user interface. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining appropriate code documentation, capability summaries, and performance metrics in line with the business goals of the company.
While focusing on software development the candidate will be expected to have good system level understanding of instrumentation and information management. The candidate will be able to effectively communicate with other technical experts in optics, electronics and manufacturing. The candidate will also interact with the business development team of the company and provide occasional support to customers on relevant matters. The Candidate may also represent the company at conferences, tradeshows and customer visits.
- Strong background in software development using Python, C# or C++.
- Background in GUI development and workflows.
- Expertise using version control with git.
- Strong understanding of Test Driven Development.
- Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence. Able to speak the language of users, management and software developers.
- Desire to take ownership of the customer experience of a broad range of hardware.
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts at a fast pace.
- Experience designing software for supporting hundreds of devices.
- Good understanding of developing software for scientific instrumentation.
- Strong experience with MATLAB, Octave, or R.
- Strong experience with software documentation.
- Mobile application development.
BS/MS or higher in computer science, information technology or related fields.